Thursday, March 12, 2009

Small Successes - Vol 2

FaithButton


I wasn't going to post about this today, not feeling very successful and all, but then my husband said something that made me rethink it. So my one small success is...

Tonight at dinner, as we sat down and were beginning to say grace, Tom began by saying "Father" and then Alexis continued by saying, "Son, Holy." I was in total shock. She has been attempting to do the sign of the cross with us for a while now, but I had never heard her actually try to pray, except to say Amen. After finishing our praying, seeing the shock on my face, Tom said, "See, you must be doing something right." That's when a light bulb went off in my head. There are more important things in life that we teach our children than potty training, how to make their beds, and cleaning up their toys. If we can teach our children the greatness of God and His infinite love for us, then we can truly call ourselves successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment