Monday, February 4, 2008

Excellence Award

Kate was so kind to send this award my way last month. I've been holding on to it so that I could take the time to properly acknowledge the blogs I appreciate so much. Hopefully, I can do them a little bit of justice in these descriptions.

The rules: Recipients of the Excellent Blog Award must award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find "Excellent Award" worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want-even those that have received it already, but please award at least 10 people.


In no particular order...


Kristina's Soapbox - She has a soapbox and she knows how to use it. Maybe one day, she'll teach me and I can borrow it. Kristina has been with me since I started and I could not appreciate her more!

Catholic Matriarch in my Domestic Church - Denise describes herself as having worn many labels, most of which I share. (I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay in long enough to make Major.) She writes wonderful posts and is inspiring in her efforts to promote adult religious education.

Danielle Bean - What can I say? Who doesn't love Danielle's work? Her blog brings a smile to my face and she is always so full of wisdom.

June Cleaver After a Six-Pack - My introduction into this blogging world. Cris makes me laugh and who couldn't use more laughter in a day? She is so real and has a wonderful way of looking at things and tells a great story.

Minnesota Mom - I originally clicked on Margaret's blog because of the name as I am a bit nostalgic for all things MinneSNOWtan. She is a faith-filled woman who teaches me a lot and brightens my day often.

Building the Ark - I intended to kind of keep Jane's blog in my back pocket, so to speak, as Tom and I would like to adopt eventually, but I love her blog and read it every day. She is fun and full of great ideas.

Rosetta Stone - I love this blog. I love it's name, I love the pictures, I love the writing. Michelle is an inspiration to me and a great encourager! I also love her hubby's blog, Quaffs and Quibbles!

A Third Way - Melissa's "about me" description says it all. "Cradle Catholic who's trying to learn (and live) everything about the faith I should already know (and live)." I swear she has a direct link to my brain and is downloading everything I want to write about. This is a good thing because she says it soooo much better than I ever would.

Kate Wicker - Kate and I are "in the trenches of motherhood" together. She is a wonderful writer and I love how she writes to her daughters. Check out her latest letter.

The Willcox Family - Kat is the only one of these ladies that I actually know. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out, and full of faith. Her blog is filled with her wonderful photography and it always makes my heart smile.

Praying For Grace - Barbara is a lovely woman who always has tons of great ideas to share on how to live our faith everyday. Her post on The Clothesline sums up quite well why I venture out into the blogosphere.

Abigail's Alcove - While we are leading very different lives, we have a few common threads in our lives that just give me this special connection to Abigail's posts. I love how she writes about her conversion.

Et Tu - Another much beloved blogger, Jen just has a way with words. There's something about a cradle Catholic seeing the faith through a new converts eyes. Great writing!

6 comments:

  1. Stina,

    Thank you so very much. I am truly humbled to be listed among so many other wonderful women.

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stina. My husband thanks you too!

    Really, you are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stina! And, no, I'm not hiding, per se...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the high compliment and for adding me to your blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the vote of confidence. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you so much. I've been having a "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all" past several days, and you just made me feel a lot better. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete