Friday, March 14, 2008

Soundtrack Saturday

I thought I would speed things up a little and share the next 2 songs off the girls' cd. Besides, I may not get to post next week.

The next song is "Daughters" by John Mayer. It's not the song with the most meaning on the cd, but it's more of a cultural song as it was fairly popular when I first thought of making a cd like this. It reminds us of the circle of life and how important our example as parents is.

"Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too"

The second song today is "Let There Be Peace on Earth." I chose this version because 1) I had it already and 2) I thought it was appropriate because Vince Gill sings with his daughter. The first time this song really moved me was at my grandfather's funeral. It's been a favorite ever since. I pray that my husband and I can teach the message to our daughters through the example of how we live our life.

"Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth,
the peace that was meant to be.


With God as our Father,
brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother,
in perfect harmony.


Let peace begin with me,
let this be the moment now.
With every step I take,
let this be my solemn vow,


To take each moment and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be Peace on Earth,
and let it begin with me."

.

No comments:

Post a Comment