Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lift With Your Knees, Not With Your Back

Can you guess what I did today?



Tom and I spent all day moving "clutter" out of our house and into storage so our house will "show better" and we can sell it. The girls are still in Colorado, so Tom and I are trying to get as much done as we can. We have tile laying and painting (2 rooms) on the agenda for tomorrow. Tom has busted his you-know-what while I was gone, painting 3 other rooms and finishing some other projects (did I mention removing wallpaper was involved?). So right now, my body is feeling the wear of the day. How many books do we have anyway? Good news, it was probably the best workout I have had in a long time. Bad news, it was probably the best workout I have had in a long time. I desperately need to get back into some kind of shape besides blob. But that's for another post. To add a cherry on top of the fatigue sundae, when I mentioned to Tom that I may not be able to move tomorrow when I wake up, he told me that "Pain is weakness leaving the body." He used my own saying against me!!! I couldn't believe it! I love that saying. It has gotten me through many a workout and training session. I have even used it to "motivate" underclassmen when I was at school. So anyway, we're off to bed to rest our weary bones (and muscles) so we can get up bright and early and start again. Did I mention how much fun moving is?

Good night and God bless!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, did ya hafta mention how much fun moving was? I'm still pretending that it's a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete