Saturday, April 26, 2008

Soundtrack Saturday

"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts is a great song. I don't know if the song was intended to be used this way, from parents to their children, but I thought the lyrics were so wonderful. Some of my favorites are:

I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God's grace in every mistake
And you always give more then you take.
But more than anything, Yeah, and more than anything,
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this, is my wish.
And if thinking about my girls when this song comes on wasn't enough to make me smile, my mom and brother danced to this as his wedding. A great memory!


*Soundtrack Saturday is a (somewhat) recurring series where I share songs that are the soundtrack to my life. Currently, I am sharing songs off a cd I made for my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment