Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 Book List

In an attempt to "use what I got," I went through the house and collected all of the books I haven't read yet.  There really is no reason for me to step into a bookstore (or in reality, log on to Amazon) for quite some time.  So here is my list of books to get through in 2012.  To be fair, I've started a lot of them, but in the chaos I like to call my life, things happen and for whatever reason, I never get around to finishing. 
In no particular order:

Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry

Weightless: Making Peace With Your Body

How to Raise Good Catholic Children

Adventures in Orthodoxy

God Is Love: Deus Caritas Est

The Catholic Way: Faith for Living Today

Pardon and Peace: A Sinner's Guide to Confession

The 5 Love Languages of Children

The Life of Mary As Seen by the Mystics

The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse

Clare and Her Sisters: Lovers of the Poor Christ

Large Family Logistics

Beautiful Girlhood: Revised by Karen Andreola

Strengthening Your Family: A Catholic Approach to Holiness at Home

Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids

Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living

The education of Catholic girls

How to Pray Well 

Small Steps for Catholic Moms

Choosing Beauty: A 30-Day Spiritual Makeover for Women

Educating the WholeHearted Child -- Third Edition

Playful Learning: Develop Your Child's Sense of Joy and Wonder

A Mom After God's Own Heart: 10 Ways to Love Your Children

And maybe I'll fit in that last Jane Austen novel.

What will you be reading?

2 comments:

  1. Count me in on the Weightless Book Study... my copy is on it's way! Reading Tina Fey next, finished Cedar Cove Series (Macomber) today. Have a hefty list of possible reads (now longer as I am taking ideas from your books), but think I will check the shelves to see what I have put aside for "a rainy day". Rainy days around here involve fort making, lego battles and shared reading, not mommy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to write down your list. You have so many great ones. I did get the Weightless book too. I need to start reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete